CUT DELUXE VIDEO PRO COLLECTIONS
THE ACTION/CUT DELUXE VIDE & DVD PRO COLLECTION
Action/Cut Directing Film Seminars has produced a 12-hour intensive workshop on VHS tapes & DVDs available to everyone wishing for a comprehensive study of the entire filmmaking process.
This is the most unique series of tapes and DVDs in the film industry that provides an in-depth look inside the directing craft on a shot-by-shot professional level of production from the written page through the moviemaking process to the final film.
MISS OWNING THIS COMPLETE FILMMAKING / DIRECTING COURSE!
THESE VIDEOS & DVDS WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A FULL AND LASTING FILMMAKING EXPERIENCE THAT WILL OFFER YOU:
- First-hand professional knowledge of the production & directing process from A to Z
- A continuing source to ignite your passion and realize your film dreams
- Your personal home reference library of the most career-essential and inspirational filmmaking videotape collection that you can study and review anytime you wish
The best film directing seminar on the planet!
- IMAGINE NEWS
Terrific...a great exposure to the world of directing...with emphasis on strengthening scripts by writing visually...filled practical advice that you won't find in film school! -
The video & DVD learning series is broken into four sections:
THE DIRECTING CRAFT
• A DIRECTOR'S JOURNEY
• THE LANGUAGE & TOOLS OF FILM DIRECTING
• WORKING WITH ALL DEPARTMENTS
• THE CRAFT OF VISUALIZATION
The Action/Cut Method, Film Schools, Film & TV Industry, Getting Started, Networking, Shot Breakdown, Lenses, 180-Rule, Angles, Filters, Tracking, Transitions, Foreground, Preparing the Script, Budgets & Schedules, Casting, Location Scouting, Pacing, Working with Departments, Style, Visualization Skills, Set Local Color & Atmosphere, Story Manipulation.
INDIE FEATURE FILMMAKING
• FINANCING MOVIES
• PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR INDIE DEAL
• DISTRIBUTION: FOREIGN & DOMESTIC
• FESTIVALS & INDUSTRY BUZZ
• INDIE FILMMAKING
Directing Features vs. Television, Final Cut, Completion Bonds, Structuring An Indie Film Deal, Private Financing/Reality Check, Selling Your Finished Film, Preparing Trailer & Artwork, Distribution: Foreign & Domestic, The Markets, Festivals and Media, Self-Promotion, Career Building, Creating Your Industry Buzz.
FEATURE FILM SCENE STUDIES
• HOW TO OPEN A MOVIE & SET-UP YOUR STORY
• CHARACTER COMEDY IN DRAMA
• THE ONE-SHOT SCENE
• EMOTIONAL CLIMAX (SLINGSHOT)
• THE FLASHBACK SCENE
• RESOLUTION OF YOUR STORY
This series of provides an intensive study of the shot-by-shot process to fully illustrate how to plan, prep, and shoot the six study titles. From casting and location choices to how to visualize, pace, and stylize each scene to achieve the writer's intent and translate the action, to optimize performances, to breaking it down within schedule, this is a comprehensive study series of actual feature film scenes.
- Scene Discussion: what is on the page, subtext, action.
- Breakdown: shot diagrams, location plan, homework.
- In-Depth Analysis: the visual translation from the page.
- Viewing Dailies: every shot as it actually was executed.
- The Final Scene: how it was edited, sound/visual effects, and the magic of music.
There is no better way to learn the Filmmaking Process from page to shoot to film.
THE BUSINESS OF DIRECTING
• HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?
• THE PASSION OF FILMMAKING
• THE FASTEST WAY TO DIRECT
• AGENTS & MANAGERS
• BUILDING A DIRECTOR'S REEL
- - - PLUS A SURPRISE BONUS - - -
• AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH A TOP FILM &
TV DIRECTOR "THE WORK & CAREER OF A DIRECTOR"
ACTION CUT DIRECTOR:
Guy Magar, currently on a directing contract with Miramax Films, latest feature is
Children of the Corn: Revelation, based on Stephen King's original story. He is also in active development on 4 of his screenplays which he'll direct.
He has directed/written/produced indie features including SHOWDOWN, STEPFATHER 3 (HBO World Premiere), and the cult thriller RETRIBUTION. His television credits include over 40 series and longform productions including LA FEMME NIKITA, SLIDERS, DARK AVENGER, NOWHERE MAN, HUNTER, YOUNG RIDERS, MARKER, RAVEN.
Awards: American Screenwriters Association '99; Hollywood Scriptwriting Institute '99; Chicago Int'l Film & TV Festival; San Francisco Int'l Film Festival; Golden Reel Nomination.
Member: Directors Guild of America, Directors Guild of Canada, Writers Guild of America, Fellowship Alumni of the AFI, IFP/West, Scriptwriters Network, Women In Film.
Excellent seminar...going from script to floor plan set-up to dailies to final print...very well worked out.
- Jim Shea, Writer/Scriptwriters Network
Great class...highly recommend it to anyone considering directing, screenwriting, acting...very intensive. -
Kasia Foster, Actress/Women In Film
I've been to several directing workshops & seminars...Guy Magar's seminar was the most useful of any...comprehensive...great! -
Laurel Daniels, Director/Writer
Learned a great deal about telling an effective visual story...take this seminar before your next project!