- 1. Italian and International, min
18 years old, screenwriters are welcome
- 2. We welcome all genres of
unproduced, never optioned, original feature scripts only. No
remakes or adaptations of existing material. Scripts already
submitted at previous editions of this competition can be
- 3. Previous winners in Screenplay
Competition are not eligible.
- 4. Screenplays must be submitted
by the deadline (no hand deliveries please).
- 5. Multiple authorship screenplays
are acceptable. The work must be the sole and exclusive property
of the authors.
- 6. Multiple entries are accepted.
For every script the author must compile the entry/release form
and pay the entry fees.
- 7. All scripts must conform to the
U.S. Motion Picture Industry standard screenplay format. Non
standard formats will not admitted.
- 8. Entries must be written in
Italian, French, Spanish or English.
- 9. Scripts must be between 90-125
pages in length. All pages other than the first page with the
title should be numbered.
- 10. Title page must include the
title of screenplay only. Upon receipt, your screenplay(s) and
entry form(s) will be assigned corresponding numbers and your
screenplay(s) will be identifiable to the judges by number and
- 11. Judging is solely on the
screenplay. Do not include the following information or materials
as they will be disregarded: logline, synopsis, treatment, or any
additional materials not specifically requested.
- 12. Entering the competition
constitutes permission to use the winners’ names and licenses for
publicity and promotions without any additional compensation.
- 13. Entry fee will not be returned
under any circumstances.
- 14. Once a screenplay has been
submitted, substitutions of new drafts will not be accepted under
- 15. Writer(s) retain ALL rights
for their entry(ies) when entering our competition.
- 16. Entries may be submitted ONLY
online. Online entry can only be accepted for screenplays
submitted through Adobe (.PDF), or Microsoft Word formats (.DOC or
- 17. Timeline and entry fee:
- a. Script despatched BEFORE MAY
30, 2008: € 40
b. Script despatched between JUNE 1, 2008 and JULY 31, 2008: €
- 18. Admittance will be fixed in
- a. Timeline and payment of the
b. Document check.
- 19. Every file will be scanned by
an antivirus program. If the file contains or appears to contain
malicious or other harmful codes, ENDAS, at its discretion, shall
reject the submission. Please avoid sending Word documents with
- 20. Excluded Author(s) has(have)
no right to claim for return of the fee and of the documents.
- 21. With the submission of the
entry form, the author(s) waives every claim or action against
ENDAS or the JURY or anybody in case of exclusion from the contest
- 22. Contest will award two prizes:
“CATEGORIES” and “BEST SCRIPT”.
- 23. The award for Categories
competition will be assigned only if at least ten scripts are
proposed for that category. In all cases, all scripts admitted
will compete for the The Best Script prize.
- 24. Jury will award the first
prize only to noteworthy scripts. ENDAS reserves the right to
decide not to award the fist prize if the scripts aren’t fully
- 25. Judging will be anonymous and
will be kept confidential.
- 26. Judging will be structured in
- I) The first part will be
exclusively technical, based on the following criteria:
- a. Format/Typos/Structure:
Standard spec screenplay format (12 pt. Courier font, correct
margins, spelling, punctuation, grammar usage, etc.),
framework of the script. Effective use of three-act (most
common), linear or non-linear story progression.
- b. Plot: The actions, events,
conflicts, and turning points that propel the story forward.
How the story unfolds (points for
- c. Characters: Personalities
that are distinctive, compelling, multi-layered, and
unpredictable. A protagonist and antagonist with clear and
- d. Dialogue: Voices that are
natural, succinct, and unique to each character. Use of
language that effectively reveals character and moves the
Premise/Concept/Originality: The idea behind the story. The
originality of the theme.
- II) In the second part the
assessment will be based only on these elements:
- f. artistic value
- g. box office potential.
- Every criterion has 1 (lowest)
to 5 (max) points. 35 points is the maximum score. The Jury will
not award Categories prize if the script fails to obtain al
least 25 out of 35 points.
- 27. Only one prize for will be
assigned for every script.
28. Judges' decisions are final.
29. Prizes are non-transferable. Winners are responsible for any
30. Only one author will receive The Best Script/Categories prize.
Should a collaborative screenplay be selected as The Best
Script/Categories prize winning entry, the writer who has compiled
the application form will receive the prize.
31. Every entrant will receive an email confirmation upon receipt
of his/her script and payment.
32. The Categories winners and Finalist will be announced on this
website on 15th October 2009.
33. Winners will be notified by email and invited to the prize
giving ceremony in Genoa that will take place on November 2009.
34. ENDAS will inform the media of the price giving. The winners
could be invited to take part in press or TV conferences and could
be asked to give an interview. The winners cannot claim to receive
any compensation for these activities.
ENDAS shall take proper care and custody of all received works.
However, ENDAS accepts no responsibility for any of these works in
case they are stolen, damaged, or lost from their receipt to the
final of prize awarding evening.
By submitting an application to take part in the contest and paying
the entry fee, each Author irrevocably waives any future claim or
action, demand, or indemnification against the Jury members,
competition organizers, or ENDAS, and against any other person who
may be involved in the competition, with full and final disclaimer
of any liability whatsoever for the activities carried out, judgment
expressed, and decisions made during the contest.
Accordingly, the Author hereby expressly guarantees that the
submitted script is an unproduced and original work not infringing
the rights of any third party. Therefore, the Author shall fully
indemnify and hold harmless ENDAS against any claims filed by
whatever third party.
As organizer of the event, ENDAS reserves the right to change the
dates and content of the programme depending on circumstances.