1. Writers must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited
college or university during the spring 2007 semester.
2. Writers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign
the entry form.
3. No more than two writers may collaborate on a script. Both
writers must be in the same competition category. Collaborators will
share designated prizes should their script be chosen as a
4. Scripts must be an original idea of the applicant(s) and not
based, in whole or part, on another author's work. Scripts must be
in English. Translations will not be accepted.
5. Scripts may not be under option at the time of entry nor at the
time the script is chosen as a prizewinner. If the entered script is
sold or optioned during the judging period, the writer(s) will
automatically be disqualified.
6. Writer(s) may submit multiple entries, however, a separate entry
form, release form and fee must accompany each entry.
7. Feature length scripts of any genre will be accepted. Scripts
must be in industry standard format.
8. The applicant's name should not appear on the cover, the title
page or any other page of the script. If using the online entry and
payment option, write the PayPal Receipt ID number on the cover of
the script. If using the WithoutABox online entry method, please
write the Festival Tracking Number on the cover of the script.
9. We highly recommend scripts be copyrighted or registered with the
Writers Guild of America or other reputable service prior to
10. Under no circumstances will substitutions of either corrected
pages or new drafts of the entry script be made.
11. Scripts will not be returned. Please do not send originals. A
self-addressed stamped postcard may be sent to ensure that your
entry was received.
12. Entries must be accompanied by the following:
A signed/authorized and completed entry form.
A signed/authorized and completed release form.
A non-refundable entry fee in U.S. dollars.
A completed original feature screenplay (80-130 pages).
A self-addressed stamped postcard (optional).