NEW YORK, Feb. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- BMG artists received a total of 22 awards from the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS) at the 46th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony. BMG winners included OutKast with three wins including Album of the Year, Aretha Franklin for Best Traditional R & B Vocal Performance, The Neptunes for Producer of the Year, Pink took away the award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance, Luther Vandross won four awards including Song of the Year, Justine Timberlake won two including Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, Christina Aguilera for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, and Foo Fighters for Best Rock Album just to name a few.
All the music heavy weights, celebrities, and nominated artists and winners lined up at The Avalon in Hollywood to celebrate BMG's big win. After snacking on Cold Stone Creamery ice cream and dancing to music spun in vinyl by Tony Okungbowa of the Ellen DeGeneres Show (who also attended), guests were greeted (and dazzled) by the Janet Lee Duffels being launched at the event and filled to the rim with a variety of lavish, custom made items to pamper and please. The goody bag items included Sony Ericsson T616 Phone, Cartier Sunglasses, Tarte Cosmetics, Essencia Shaving Syrup, Jewelry by Cari "Water" Necklace, Caron Scarves for Peace, Lee Authentics Vintage Jean Jacket, Shanghai Perfume, London Sole Ballerina Skimmers, Simply Organic Hair Products complimented with Salon Insitu Hair Treatments, Playboy Footwear, Colibri Cigar lighter and Macanudo Cigars, La Perla Lingerie, Vera Wang Men's and Women's fragrances, Rock Resorts' 4-Night Stay, Daring Diamonds Diamond "Twig" Bracelet, Acqua Beauty Bar Spa Treatment, Nuxe Body Oil, Rabbi's Daughters Tank Top, Anne Klein Suede "Cuff" Watch, Simon Cowell's "I don't mean to be rude, but ... " book, St. Tropez Self-Tanning Kit, Japonesque Heated Eye-lash Curler, Bath & Body Works' Pumpkin Face Mask and White Tea Serum, African Ambitions' African Safari, Joe Grooming Men's Hair Products, Anne Cole "Marilyn" Swimsuit, Ma Jolie Dragon Tattoo Tank, Tara Boone Handbags, and The Wine Country book.
In addition to music industry executives, guests who received the goody bag included A.J MCLEAN, AIMEE OSBOURNE, ALAN JACKSON, ALICIA KEYS, ANNIE LENNOX, ARETHA FRANKLIN, ART ALEXAKIS, AVRIL LAVIGNE, BACKSTREET BOYS, BARRY MANILOW, BLU CANTRELL, BRAD PAISLEY, BRITNEY SPEARS, CARLOS SANTANA, CHRISTINA AUGILERA, CLIVE DAVIS, CRAIG KILBORN, DA BRAT, DAVE GROHL, DAVE MATTHEWS, DJIMON HOUNSOU, DIDO, EAMON, EARTH, WIND AND FIRE, ELLEN DEGENERES, ETTA JAMES, EVAN AND JARON, EVE 6, FOO FIGHTERS, HEATHER HEADLEY, NSYNC, JACK OSBOURNE, JACK WHITE, JAMIE FOXX, JASON DAVIS, JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT, JERMAINE DUPRI, JIMMY JAM, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, KELLY CLARKSON, KELLY OSBOURNE, KELIS, KENNETH "BABY" EDWARDS, KENNY G, KIMBERLY WILLIAMS, LISA LOEB, LUTHER VANDROSS, MAROON 5, MARTINA MCBRIDE, MONICA, NICK CANNON, NICK CARTER, NICOLE ARI PARKER, OUTKAST, PINK, PARIS HILTON, PETRA NEMCOVA, R. KELLY, RACHEL YAMAGATA, ROD STEWART, ROB ZOMBIE, ROSELYN SANCHEZ, RUBEN STUDDARD, SARAH MCLACHLAN, SHARON STONE, SLASH, STEVEN COJOCARU, THE NEPTUNES, THE STROKES, TYRESE, USHER, VIVICA FOX, and WEIRD AL YANOVIC.
BMG is the global music division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the world's leading media companies. BMG owns more than 200 record labels in 41 countries including Ariola, Arista Records, J Records, Jive Records, RCA Records and RCA Label Group - Nashville. In addition, BMG's music publishing operations are the third largest in the world.
FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF BMG's AWARD-WINNING ARTISTS:
ARISTA ASSOCIATED LABELS
CESARIA EVORA (BLUEBIRD/ARISTA ASSOCIATED LABELS)
* Best Contemporary World Music Album - Voz D'Amor
ETTA JAMES (PRIVATE MUSIC/ARISTA ASSOCIATED LABELS)
* Best Contemporary Blues Album - Let's Roll
* Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance - "Wonderful"
THE NEPTUNES (STAR TRAK)
* Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical
* Album Of The Year - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
* Best Urban/Alternative Performace - "Hey Ya!"
* Best Rap Album - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
* Best Female Rock Vocal Performance - "Trouble"
* Song Of The Year - "Dance With My Father"
* Best Male R&B Vocal Performance - "Dance With My Father"
* Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals - "The Closer I Get
To You" and Beyonce
* Best R&B Album - Dance With My Father
* Best Female Pop Vocal Performance - "Beautiful"
* Best Rock Album - One By One
* Best Male Rock Vocal Performance - "Gravedigger"
ALAN JACKSON (RLG/Arista Nashville)
* Best Country Song - "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" (Jim Brown & Don
MICHAEL W. SMITH (PROVIDENT/ESSENTIAL RECORDS)
* Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album - Worship Again
BUDDY GUY (SILVERTONE RECORDS)
* Best Traditional Blues Album - Blues Singer
DONNIE MCCLURKIN (VERITY RECORDS)
* Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album - ... Again
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE (JIVE RECORDS)
* Best Male Pop Vocal Performance - "Cry Me A River"
* Best Pop Vocal Album - Justified
"WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC (VOLCANO ENTERTAINMENT)
* Best Comedy Album - Poodle Hat
© Copyright 2003 by www.filmmakers.com